STATA System Requirements
Stata will run on the platforms listed below. While Stata software is platform-specific, your Stata license is not; therefore, you need not specify your operating system when placing your order for a license.
Learn about running Stata on a dual-core, multicore, or multiprocessor computer.
Stata for Windows
- Windows 10 *
- Windows 8 *
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 *
* Stata requires 64-bit Windows for x86-64 processors made by Intel® and AMD
Stata for Mac
- Mac with Apple Silicon or 64-bit Intel processor
- macOS 11.0 (Big Sur) or newer for Macs with Apple Silicon and macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer for Macs with 64-bit Intel processors
Stata for Unix
- Any 64-bit (x86-64 or compatible) running Linux
|Stata/MP||4 GB||2 GB|
|Stata/BE||1 GB||2 GB|
|Stata/SE||1 GB||2 GB|
Stata for Unix requires a video card that can display thousands of colors or more (16-bit or 24-bit color)
For xstata, you need to have GTK 2.24 installed.